Silverinator’s DIY Dinosaur Egg Manicure
This is an easy nail art tutorial to glitz up your manicure using stuff you have around the house. Here, I will show you how to create a dinosaur egg design, but you will see it is easy to come up with your own variations!
-Two nail polish colours that go well together, one as your main base colour and one as an accent.
-Two different sized dotting tools. You can use an old dull pencil, bobby pin, old ballpoint pen, etc.
-Non-porous surface for your paint palette, such as an old yogurt container lid.
-A dappen dish containing some polish remover for clean up. You can use a polish remover cap if you don’t have a dappen dish.
Start with painting your base colour. In this case, I’ve chosen Zoya Zuza from the Surf Collection, perfect for summer! I have also chosen to do an accent nail, which has been popular in nail art for a while. My accent colour is Zoya Rory, also from the Surf Collection. Both these colours have a great foil finish, a great formula and are opaque in one coat. Zoya is toxin free and cruelty free and is known for being one of the longest wearing polishes on the market. I’ve painted two coats and used a quick-drying topcoat to speed up the process.
Once your base colours are dry, put a small pool of your accent polish on your non-porous surface.
Dip your larger sized dotting tool into the paint and do two spots in the corner of your nail with the accent colour, diagonal to each other. Then take your smaller dotting tool and dip into the paint to do a row of smaller dots, diagonally as well but alongside the larger dots.
Repeat with the other nails. Once dry, finish with a quick drying topcoat. I like to use Seche Vite or butter LONDON Hardwear, both of which are cruelty free as well.
Tip: I dip my dotting tool into the remover-filled dappen dish and wipe on a paper towel to clean it after each nail. This prevents the polish from building up on your dotting tool and thickening too much, getting goopy, bubbly or making a lopsided or uneven spot on your nail.
Hopefully this tutorial inspires you with ideas on what you can do with dotting tools using stuff you already have around the house. You can do your own spot-inspired designs such as a line of dots down the middle of each nail, down the side of the nail, diagonally across, polka dots all over, along the tips in a French manicure variation or even speckled like my Robin’s Egg mani I did for the spring!
To check out Silver’s nail blog, visit www.silverinator.com.
- serendipitousstarlight likes this
- my-thoughts-far-away likes this
- cupcakemonster1 likes this
- ghouliagal reblogged this from topboxca
- feeldontthink189 likes this
- soulmindbodyartemis likes this
- gatorswag77 likes this
- fashionordiex3 likes this
- alondraluz likes this
- nanarosales likes this
- rachelautomne likes this
- vanessanicole8 likes this
- hannahstreetmusiclover likes this
- zenamariee likes this
- wanderlustghost likes this
- kayla123096257 likes this
- pickles3311 likes this
- bluetreee likes this
- pika--kyu reblogged this from topboxca
- pika--kyu likes this
- aaliyah1030 likes this
- darknesspassing likes this
- adorabledeathray reblogged this from topboxca and added:
- illanthe likes this
- paul3na likes this
- hipsta-che likes this
- faerynuff likes this
- huskypuppies0109 likes this
- always-to-the-moda reblogged this from topboxca
- always-to-the-moda likes this
- 14cainet likes this
- followingbutterflys reblogged this from topboxca
- aimerzzzzz likes this
- kelran96 likes this
- habbeyness likes this
- angeetorresr likes this
- fashbunnyforever likes this
- meeker226 likes this
- terriibleatusernames likes this
- eria3x3 likes this
- eria3x3 reblogged this from topboxca
- unlubricated-anal-sex likes this
- 2nd-star-2-the-right-neverland reblogged this from topboxca
- makesmyheartmelt likes this
- valrsg likes this
- sapphire-eyes reblogged this from topboxca
- skullcupcake reblogged this from topboxca
- skullcupcake likes this
- frostoria likes this